RNG Study Made Easy?

1. Home
  2. Forums
  3. Feature Requests and Feedback for DriveHUD 1.x
  4. RNG Study Made Easy?
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    I’mBobDole
    Participant

A lot of folks new to online poker find themselves here, hoping to utilize DriveHud as a valuable tool. While beginning their journey they often have their doubts from the start about the crazy sick run-outs that some of us are all too familiar with. A big question that all of us have asked at some point is “is this really legit?”

In the tumultuous political landscape of US gambling laws, most (all?) online sites offered to us in the States are unregulated. The “testing” of random number generators utilized by these sites are often carried out by institutions or companies that are hired or even created by the sites themselves. Depending on the site, as far as we the players are concerned we basically just have to trust that it’s legitimate and fair. The only significant reassurance comes to those who start beating the games.

My question is this: 

How viable or difficult would it be to utilize hand histories to show the mathematical reliability of online poker sites individually? Either by way of collected hand histories, or by voluntary participation by DriveHud patrons. Even if only by curious consenting patrons, I would imagine tens or even hundreds of millions of hands could be collected. If the data was collected and then presented by DriveHud displaying only situational frequencies (not specific hands obviously), I would imagine it would be quite fascinating to many! The data is out there. Why not use it!

Appreciate ya

DH Support
    Keymaster

It would require a lot of data accumulation and then some work and math. I don’t know how many people are interested in that for a specific site. Most of the sites have certifications already by large online gambling bodies. I think only one or two popular sites don’t any more.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu