Merging Databases on Two Computers

1. Home
  2. Forums
  3. General Support for DriveHUD 1.x
  4. Merging Databases on Two Computers

Home Forums General Support for DriveHUD 1.x Merging Databases on Two Computers

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Gina

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to merge two DriveHUD databases from different computers and then how to keep the two in sync in the future. I have tried backing up and restoring by databases through pgadmin but that does not seem to work. I have been told that a function to do this within DriveHUD is being worked on but I am wondering if there is a way I could do this myself in the mean time.

DH Support
    Keymaster

There’s no way that I know to merge the database data. You can easily move your database to a new system, and if you need instruction on that please e-mail support and they can walk you through that. If you’re playing on a poker site that sends full hand histories, like a poker stars or americas card room for example, you can copy over the stored hands and import them onto your new system. It’s not a merge, but it’s a way to move data across.

And yes, we are working on a faux cloud system to do this much easier.

Gina

I have copied hand histories over from America’s Cardroom, however they are imported under WPN instead of ACR and therefore my HUD stats on my opponents are not in sync on my desktop and laptop. I can view my complete stats by viewing my account under WPN instead of ACR though. Is there a way to force DriveHUD to recognize these hands were played on ACR?

DH Support
    Keymaster

Your username is different on both of the sites though correct? If so, if you create an alias from the player selection pull down at the top right hand side of Drivehud. Create an alias for both sites, and this should combine your data and the player ID data (*i believe*). I have not tried it myself.

Gina

My player name was the same but I now have two of the same username one from ACR the hands I played on this computer, and one from WPN, the hands I imported from my laptop. The alias thing works for my data, I haven’t tested to see if my opponents data is combined yet. I was also wondering if there was a way to copy notes I’ve taken on players or hands over or tagged hand information. Will all of this information be included when the automatic cloud-type thing is added?

DH Support
    Keymaster

I spoke with one of the developers about this today. In this case it’s not possible to do. At least right now it’s not. If it was a different alias or something it would be fairly simple, but merging two data sets can get really messy. It’s not something DH is setup to do right now.

Drawn_Cup
    Participant

I just wanted to clarify for the original poster  I had a very similar issue until I realized ACR is ran on WPN that is why it is flagged as WPN.. Since I have 4 or 5 different accounts from different sites  I made an alias and then connected all Sites.  When I click on ACR it is shown as WPN because ACR is part of a winning poker network. ..  In another instance I play on Ignition and boVada but drive hud combines them under ignition…  Since I have the alias LinkedIn with both account it’s still tracks them accurately I just cannot tell the difference between Ignition or boVada But I do know that the hands were played on the same network and that is good enough for me…

Now since I use 2 computers I would definitely be all in for the feature to keep two synced accounts.   I like to use my laptop on the go and and my desktop at home But most of my data is on my desktop And I have given up on individually importing every such and I had play on the go to the main system on my desktop and have learned to just kind of combine the 2 By looking at them and averaging… Looking forward to the ability to have them Synced.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu