HUD Stops Working At Times w/ Ignition

1. Home
  2. Forums
  3. General Support for DriveHUD 1.x
  4. HUD Stops Working At Times w/ Ignition

Home Forums General Support for DriveHUD 1.x HUD Stops Working At Times w/ Ignition

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    BellaGrowl
    Participant

Intermittently. The only way to bring it back up is to end your session and restart both the DriveHUD and Ignition clients. Obviously, extremely disruptive. Please fix.

DH Support
    Keymaster

Intermittently. The only way to bring it back up is to end your session and restart both the DriveHUD and Ignition clients. Obviously, extremely disruptive. Please fix.

It’s not because of Drivehud, it’s because you’re losing connection. Ignition does not send hand histories like most sites do. Drivehud is creating these hands as you play in real time. If you drop or lose connection (which right now, Ignition is having an abnormal amount of these issues), you will lose your HUD and you’ll have to stop and start it. There’s nothing we can do about losing connection and not having data unfortunately, but I assure you, if I look at your log I’ll see the dropped connections.

Let’s hope they get this resolved soon and back to normal.

BellaGrowl
    Participant

Ok…that actually falls in line with my experiences here (there are flat out disconnections and then there are “micro” disconnects…all acknowledged by Ignition already). FYI: It happens after HUSNG rematches begin a lot of the time, too. I guess when it creates a new connection, DH drops out.

DH Support
    Keymaster

Ok…that actually falls in line with my experiences here (there are flat out disconnections and then there are “micro” disconnects…all acknowledged by Ignition already). FYI: It happens after HUSNG rematches begin a lot of the time, too. I guess when it creates a new connection, DH drops out.

Yeah, it’s frustrating. We know enough people have complained about it to them that they have acknowledged it and are supposedly addressing it. We can remain hopeful. 🙂

My best suggestion in meantime is if you see that happen, or the HUD doesn’t come up, just click stop in the HUD tab in DriveHUD, and then START again. It will take a hand or 2 to get going again, but at least you’ll have the HUD back up.

BellaGrowl
    Participant

Yesterday, I noticed that this happened right after I stacked a guy and he left the table (cash game, obv). I guess the way Ignition handles connections interferes with the HUD’s way of recording the session and some specific hands. As he disconnected, I would imagine it tried to reconnect me to the rest of the table (or something) and the HUD’s connection dropped.

DH Support
    Keymaster

Someone else at your table DCing won’t effect you. You must have temporarily DC’d. Sometimes it’s hard to know if they drop you, but if they do, the connect stream will be reset, and the HUD for DH needs to be reset. This would all be much easier if Ignition would provide real time hand histories like Pokerstars and other sites, but unfortunately they do not. 🙁

BellaGrowl
    Participant

Someone else at your table DCing won’t effect you. You must have temporarily DC’d. Sometimes it’s hard to know if they drop you, but if they do, the connect stream will be reset, and the HUD for DH needs to be reset. This would all be much easier if Ignition would provide real time hand histories like Pokerstars and other sites, but unfortunately they do not. ?

Indeed. And I have yet to figure out how on earth to convert hand histories from Ignition. It seems nigh impossible.

It’s a good server (Ignition) but it definitely has stability issues and anonymous poker isn’t for everyone. Still, the games there can be extremely profitable and as an American cash player, I can’t really afford to not play there.

DH Support
    Keymaster

I agree. A lot of us here play on there. It’s a good site, but they do go through periods where they have a lot more DC’s, then the server is better. Than some other random issue. It’s a little frustrating. If you notice the HUD drop, click the stop button on the HUD tab and click start again. You’ll get the HUD and stats back up and just miss the hand(s) during the drop.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu