Delayed C-Bet Percentage

1. Home
  2. Forums
  3. General Support for DriveHUD 1.x
  4. Delayed C-Bet Percentage

Home Forums General Support for DriveHUD 1.x Delayed C-Bet Percentage

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    MCAChiTown
    Participant

Hello Support,

I have a buddy of mine telling me that his database reads about 15-20 percentage points higher when it comes to the Delayed C-Bet stat. Can you please check into this and make sure which database is calculating this correctly and which one is not? Thanks!

DH Support
    Keymaster

We’ve checked this before, and think the others you mentioned are not correct. I will ask again though.

MCAChiTown
    Participant

After thinking about it a little more I think DriveHUD’s formula has to be off. Looking at most of the regs I’m seeing most average in the 30s. There’s no way solid regs aren’t firing a delayed c-bet at a higher percentage than that. I think it must be taking into account times when your opponent bet at some point and it’s affecting the total sample of the stat instead of just the times you had an opportunity to delayed c-bet for the total sample of the stat. I know several regs who delayed c-bet at least as often as they fire a c-bet on the flop. If you saw a bunch of regs whose flop c-bet average was in the 30s you’d definitely think something was wrong with the stat.

I know there is a similar issue with the Bet River on Bet/Check Line and the Check River on Bet/Check Line stats. The average for many regs is in the low 30s for betting there, which seems way too low. I think the formula either has to be taking into account too many opportunities that aren’t solely based on these lines or not counting the total times there was a bet on the river for this line for whatever reason.

DH Support
    Keymaster

Like I said, we’ve taken a look at this. No one in development is in at the moment, but I do know the way it was being calculated by some other databases wasn’t correct. We had long internal conversations about this. I will ask again though.

MCAChiTown
    Participant

Yes, please have the team look into it and reconsider the formula that is being used. As it is written at the moment it isn’t very logical when you think about how often people are actually doing it. I’m not sure how correct or incorrect the other databases are calculating it. I don’t doubt that they may also have errors with some of their stats. I’ve only ever used HoldemIndicator which doesn’t provide the stat, so I can’t speak from experience. I can only state what I believe makes logical sense from playing a considerable amount of cash game hands in the last few years, many with DriveHUD.

I know the team are probably off most of this week for the holiday. I don’t expect a quick fix for the stat errors I come across, but I do hope that they can be addressed in a reasonable amount of time. I definitely believe that correct stats with logical formulas in DriveHUD are very important! I understand that there are higher priorities, but bad stat formulas can certainly cost your customers money at the tables, especially when they’re not corrected relatively soon after they’re discovered.

The few stat errors that haven’t been corrected is one of the only gripes I’ve ever had with the product. I still think DriveHUD and the team behind it are fantastic in all other areas! I appreciate all of the hard work!

I hope you all have a great 4th of July!

Kind Regards

-MCA

DH Support
    Keymaster

We completely understand of course, and we will check into them and post any results we see. Thanks for posting those.

DH Support
    Keymaster

Just quick update, the devs did find an issue with certain update sequences that weren’t showing in the report for some of these stats correctly. So they fixed that, and it will be in the next update. No re-build will be required.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu